So, when I got Bayley up yesterday morning, I noticed she had these red dots all over her face. I couldn't figure out what it was, and was worried she could have chicken pox or something. Then when I went to change her diaper, I noticed she had this huge rash on her legs and belly too. So, I took her into the doctor, and it turns out she was having an allergic reaction to amoxicillian which she had been taking for a week now for an ear infection. So weird, and kind of scary! It hasn't seemed to bother her too much so far, but it doesn't seem to be getting better yet either. The doctor said it could take a few days so I have just been giving her Benedryl to help her not itch.



On a happier note, Bayley finally started crawling yesterday. She has been "sort of" crawling for about a month now, but just not with any forward movement. She would roll around, get on her hands and knees, scoot backwards, lay on her tummy and sit herself back up, all in order to get to the things she wanted. So, I wondered if she would ever actually crawl. But yesterday there was a bottle of gas drops on the floor and she was bound and determined to get them. Next thing I knew, Ally was yelling "Mom, Bayley is crawling". So, we got out the camera and enticed her with the gas drops and off she went!
5 comments:
Cute baby, so sad that she is allergic and itchy! I too am allergic to amoxicillan, and I get itchy and red, too!
We get back from Illinois in a 11 days...lets get together sometime!
Yeah for Bayley! I can't believe she's old enough to crawl! Raylee got a rash from one of the medicines she had from an ear infection too and it definitely is scary because the nurse told me to be careful because if they get it again they could have a worse reaction like their throat closing up, so now I'm extra careful when she has to get medicine. It was good to see you guys on Sunday, even if it was only for a little while!
ohhhh sad... but i am glad she wasn't to fussy for you! but yay for crawling, that was the cutest crawling!! And how fun to have a little 4 year old. She is a doll! and that says a lot about her if her nick name is smiles! i love people like that! very fun posts!!
I found you!!! Yeah!
I can't believa how fast Bayley is growing! your girls are all so cute.
Post a Comment