Well, now that Bayley is becoming more mobile, crawling and trying to pull herself up to furniture and such, she is bound to get some boo boos. So, last week as she was trying to pull herself up to stand next to the piano bench, she fell and smacked her head on it. I was thinking "Uh oh, a goose egg or something". Well, to my surprise I picked her up and blood was gushing out of her head. It was really scary, and as I wiped the blood away, I could tell it was deep. So, I was kind of freaking out. I called Jeff to come home and I took her into the doctor. She was really good, and hardly cried while they cleaned it and put the numbing liquid on it and everything......until they had to strap her arms and legs down to put in the stitches. She started SCREAMING! It was the sadest thing ever!! She was straped to the bed, looking at me like "Why in the world are you letting them do this to me mom!". Then the doctor put the sterile paper over her face so she couldn't even see me so she screamed even harder! I could hardly help but cry myself. Luckily, she was only strapped down for about 10-15 minutes while he stitched her up. She only had to get 2 stitches, and he said he probably could have just closed it up with steri strips had it not been so swollen at the time. Needless to say, I think she handeled the situation better than I did, and so we survived the first of many boo boos.

Bayley the next day with 2 stitches, and most of the swelling gone.

She has been very happy and luckily, it hasn't seemed to bother her much at all!
5 comments:
oh my gosh, it totally reminds me of when we had something like that happen to us. long story, but it included sadie falling off a stage without knowing she was gonna fall off a stage when she ran through the curtains, me being 7 months pregnant with twins, jumping off a stage, and lots of vomit, and crying/screaming. Kids are tough, thats all I have to say. Us moms, not so much!
Glad she is okay.
Hope you are, too. :)
I'm glad she's okay!
When did this happen? I just can't believe it!!! Love ya!
Oh man that is scary! Great I can only imagine what my little Taya will do.. she already has bruises all over her forehead for conking into things!! I would have cried along with her too... Yikes
I'm glad Bayley is okay..It is so hard to watch your kids cry and not be able to hold them and comfort them...
Post a Comment