Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tag, you're it!

Cherice tagged me on her blog over a month ago, and since I haven't posted anything in over a week, I decided I would go ahead and bore you all with some details of my life! J.K.! Thanks Cherice, I like talking about myself, so here goes:

10 years ago...1998

I had been married to Jeff for almost a year (Sept 30th) and we had just bought a condo in Logan, so we could get out of the tiny basement apartment we had been living in. Jeff and I were both still going to school, he was working at Icon, and I was working at First Security Bank. I would shortly find out I was pregnant with our first daughter who was born June of 1999.

5 years ago...2003
Nothing too interesting. We now had two girls, ages 4 and 1, and we were living in North Ogden, managing some really run down apartments. But, hey, it was free rent. Jeff was going to school at Weber State by this time. This was also the year that he dislocated and fractured his elbow playing church basketball. He had to have surgery, so he was doing a lot of physical therapy at this time.

5 months ago...March
I was about seven months pregnant with our fourth girl (the third was born in 2005), and very miserable. I think this was about the time my back and hips started KILLING me and I had heartburn so bad I had to sleep on the recliner in the living room almost every night. Thank goodness she is here now and practically sleeping through the night! Yay Bayley!

5 things on my to do list tomorrow...
If only I had just 5 things on my list for tomorrow!

1. Get the kids up at 7 a.m. for their first day of school! Wow, did the summer fly by! It is going to be hard for them to get up that early, they have been sleeping in really well this summer, which has been great.
2. Go visiting teaching at 10:30.
3. Go shopping for my mom's birthday gift. Happy Birthday Mom!
4. Work.
5. Feed, change, and bounce a baby, feed, change, and bounce a baby, feed, change, and bounce a baby.......

5 things I would do if I was suddenly a billionaire...
Cherice, you said it!

1. Quit my job
2. Get completely out of debt
3. Give money to family and charities
4. Go on a major shopping spree
5. Travel, travel, and travel some more.

5 bad habits...
1. Watching too much t.v. - What else is there to do when you are nursing a baby six times a day?
2. Eating too much - I am an emotional eater, and when I am home all day, and bored, I tend to snack a lot. I am really working on this one though, I promise.
3. Not exercising - Ya, I'm lazy. What else can I say. Hopefully, once school starts I will start using my Gold's Gym membership that I have been paying for for no reason at all. (How many times have I said that!)
4. I hate cleaning - (I am copying this one from Cherice also, but who likes cleaning?). I HATE cleaning the house. With four kids, (or should I say five??? I love you Jeff!), it is virtually impossible to keep up. I try and stick to a few things to clean each day, but like I said before, I am a bit lazy. I am sure all mothers experience this, but I guess that is why it is one of my bad habits, I tend to let it get the best of me. But, despite that, I do love being a wife and mom, don't get me wrong!
5. I'm Bossy - I admit, I am quite bossy. I guess it comes from being the oldest kid in my family, cuz I have noticed that Jeff and Ally are both pretty bossy. I like to get my own way, and I tend to not be happy unless I do.

5 places I've lived...
Again, just 5? Ha Ha Ha!

1. Centerville, UT
2. Logan, UT
3. Dallas, TX
4. Brigham City, UT
5. Chubbuck, ID

5 things people don't know about me...
1. I LOVE sweets! Ok, you all probably already know this about me. But, I just can't pass it up, no matter how hard I try. I just know one day they will invent the diet that allows you to eat all the sweets you like and then I will be so happy!
2. Jeff is the only boy I have ever kissed. Lucky him!
3. I was once locked in an employee bathroom at Lagoon for over 2 hours. Yes, those of you who know me well may not think there is anything unusual about this, but it was actually kind of scary. I thought no one would find me, and when they finally did, they had to break the door knob to get me out.
4. I am really funny! The reason you may not know this is because I'm not anymore. But I used to be really funny! I had my friends and family laughing all the time. I don't know what happened. I guess I just grew up! Darn!
5. My living room is purple.

I tag Shireen, Holly, Jill, Natalie, Ariane, Kelly or whoever else wants to!

1 comment:

The McKee's said...

Josi, I hope you don't mind that I read your way cute blog page. I was blog surfing and was way excited to come upon it! Your little girls are beautiful! It was way fun reading some things about you! I hope you and your family are doing well and that we get to see you soon!