A view of the bridge as we were driving over to it. It was a little bit foggy or smoggy or something.
Me, Bayley and Jeff, at one of the look out points. The bridge is behind us.
We did decide to walk for a little ways on the bridge to try and get some pics. This a picture Jeff took of me while laying on the ground to try and show how tall the bridge was.
Jeff and Rino on one of the lookout points on the bridge. I did not want to go over there, because then I could really see how high up we were.
After visiting the Golden Gate Bridge, we took a ride down Lombard Street. It is a really windy and steep street in San Fran. It is also one of the major tourist attractions. It was kind of cool.
A view as we were going down the street.
A view of what was behind us after we went down. It's hard to see the actual street because of the flowers but see how steep it is?
After Lombard Street, we made our way to the Fisherman's Wharf Pier. We ate at a yummy sea food place and then we shopped up and down all over the pier for the rest of the day until it was time to catch our ferry out to Alcatraz.
One of my favorite places on Fisherman's Wharf was the Ghiradelli Chocolate Factory. They had free samples. Yum!
Then we got on the ferry and headed out to Alcatraz Island. We were going to be on one of the night tours, which we were told had a little more to it than the day tour. They did a walk around tour of the island as well, plus when we left it was dark, so it was a little more spooky. I've heard that the island is haunted, but we didn't see any ghosts.
Bayley on the boat.
A view of Alcatraz on our way over.
Another view from the boat.
Getting off the ferry. A view of the jail cells from out side.
This is where the outside tour began. We had lots of pictures of the outside too, but I couldn't really remember what each of the buildings were and I already had too many pics on this post, so this is the only one I put on.
Then we went inside, and took an audio tour. We put on earphones, and it took us through the whole thing. It was very interesting.
Jeff locked up in a cell. Where he belongs!
Jeff was nice enough to haul Bayley around in the back pack. At least for as long as she would let him.
This was the library of Alcatraz.
A view of the city from Alcatraz Island.
The inside of a jail cell.
This is a picture of one of the rooms in the hospital wing. This part of the building was normally closed to the public, but they opened it up for an hour while we were there.
Isn't that wheel chair creepy!!
The cabinets for medicines and such. Don't know who that guy is in the picture.
This is a picture of the dining hall, without all the tables of course.
When the tour was done, it was dark outside, and we got some great views of the city all lit up.
One last look at Alcatraz.
The next morning we woke up early and drove home. It was a long drive! We had a lot of fun, but were glad to be back and see the other girls.


5 comments:
I've been to all those places, and I really think that Alcatrez is pretty creepy. Maybe that guy in the photo really is a ghost! Glad that you had such a good time!
Looks like tons of fun! Seeing all your pictures has definitely made me want to put San Fran on my list of places I want to go!
Oh it looks like so much fun!!! I want to go to Alcatraz some day!! Interesting!
That looks like so much fun! I love San Fran!! What a fun trip!
i love san francisco! we lived about a half hour away from it. we used to go there all the time and just hang out.
Post a Comment